Can you believe it is almost Christmas - again! My favorite time of year. I love the lights, the songs, and giving. When I was a little girl I was always so excited for Christmas. When I would express my excitement to my dad he would always say "we just had it - the older you get the faster it comes". I thought that was silly - - until NOW! Now "I" am at the age where I can say just those words! I remember as a child how hard my dad worked just to get us Christmas. The year I remember most is the year I got my piano. That morning we got up and opened presents. I got a barbie doll and a couple of outfits. I was dragging around with my lip hitting the floor because I had asked for a piano. Well mom was in the kitchen and she ask me to go to the cabin (we owned a resort then) and get her some dishwashing liquid. When I walked into the cabin - THERE WAS MY PIANO!!! My dad was filming me and I was so EXCITED! Now I look back and I really don't know how they could afford it for me. As kids, when we sit on Santa's knee and tell him what we want, we expect to get what we ask for! As adults, we are grateful to just give and to be with family. I miss the awe and excitement, laying awake at night listening for Santa - all the things you loose as you become an "adult". My precious husband, Marty, has brought those things back into my life. The excitement of gifts and spending the holidays with someone you love. More than anything, I miss my extended family. My mom, brothers and cousins are in Arkansas and my son and his family are in Georgia. It always pulls at the heartstrings not being able to share these moments with them too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment